UFC® APEX in Las Vegas is set to host an electrifying night of fights on Saturday, February 25th, headlined by light heavyweight contenders No. 6 Nikita Krylov and No. 8 Ryan Spann. Also featured is a middleweight clash between No. 11 Andre Muniz and Brendan Allen, both Contender Series signees.
Krylov, hailing from Donetsk, Ukraine, has secured impressive wins against Volkan Oezdemir, Alexander Gustafsson, and Ovince Saint Preux. With a record of 29-9, he is looking to take down Spann and secure a spot in the Top 5 of the division.
Spann, fighting out of Beaumont, Texas, is a submission specialist with KO power. He has secured victories over Dominick Reyes, Ion Cutelaba, and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, and is determined to make the most of his second main event opportunity by defeating Krylov in impressive fashion.
Muniz, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt with a record of 23-4, has his sights set on defending his spot in the rankings by securing his 10th consecutive win. He has earned memorable victories over Uriah Hall, Eryk Anders, and Jacare Souza, and plans to continue his hot streak with another statement performance against Allen.
Allen, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a talented grappler riding a three-fight win streak. Notable submission victories against Krzysztof Jotko, Sam Alvey, and Kevin Holland have turned heads, and he now looks to break into the middleweight Top 15 by halting Muniz’s momentum and establishing himself as a title threat.
Fans can catch all the action on ESPN+ in both English and Spanish, with the prelims starting at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT and the main card at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.
The UFC card includes a range of exciting bouts:
- Heavyweight contenders Augusto Sakai (15-5-1, fighting out of Curitiba, Brazil) and Don’Tale Mayes (10-4, fighting out of Louisville, Ken.) go head to head in a clash of hard-hitters.
- Tatiana Suarez (9-0, fighting out of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.), who has been out of the game for a while, makes her highly anticipated comeback in a flyweight bout against Montana De La Rosa (12-7-1, fighting out of Fort Worth, Texas).
- Mike Malott (8-1-1, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif. by way of Waterdown, Ontario, Canada) faces Yohan Lainesse (9-1, fighting out of St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada) at welterweight, in a match-up between two of Dana White’s Contender Series signees.
- Undefeated Trevor Peek (7-0 1NC, fighting out of Chattanooga, Tenn.) makes his UFC debut against returning Alex Reyes (13-3, fighting out of Victorville, Calif.) at lightweight.
- Jasmine Jasudavicius (7-2, fighting out of Niagara, Ontario, Canada), who signed with Dana White’s Contender Series, takes on debutant Gabriella Fernandes (7-1, fighting out of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil) in a flyweight bout.
- Jordan Leavitt (10-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) meets Victor Martinez (13-4, fighting out of Pharr, Texas) at lightweight.
- In a 130-pound catchweight bout, Ode’ Osbourne (11-5 1NC, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Milwaukee, Wisc.) faces off against Charles Johnson (13-3, fighting out of St. Louis, Mo.).
- Rafael Alves (20-11, fighting out of Miami, Fla. by way of Para, Brazil) takes on Nurullo Aliev (7-0, fighting out of Dushanbe, Tajikistan), a Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner, in a lightweight bout.
- Hailey Cowan (7-2, fighting out of Robinson, Texas), a newcomer to the UFC, meets Ailin Perez (7-2, fighting out of Buenos Aires, Argentina) in a bantamweight bout.
- In another bantamweight bout, Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Jose Johnson (15-7, fighting out of Copperas Cove, Texas by way of La Romana, Dominican Republic) debuts against Garrett Armfield (8-3, fighting out of Deerfield Beach, Fla.).
- Erick Gonzalez (14-7, fighting out of Torrance, Calif.) faces undefeated Trevor Peek (7-0 1NC, fighting out of Chattanooga, TN) in a lightweight bout, offering fans yet another exciting match-up.