Understanding Our Policies
During the event review process, we’ll check your event’s images, text, targeting, and positioning, in addition to the content on your event’s landing page. Your event may not be approved if the landing page content isn’t fully functional, doesn’t match the product/service promoted in your event or doesn’t fully comply with our Advertising Policies.
- Check the email address associated with your account. If your event doesn’t get approved, we’ll send you an email with details that explain why.
- Using the information in your disapproval email, you can edit your event and create a compliant one.
- Save your edited changes. Once you save your changes, your ad will be resubmitted for review.
1. Community Standards
Events and Ads must not violate our Community Standards.
2. Illegal Products or Services
Events and Ads must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Events and Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
3. Discriminatory Practices
Events and Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
4. Tobacco and Related Products
Events and Ads must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia. Advertisements must not promote electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, or any other products that simulate smoking.
5. Drugs & Drug-Related Products
Events and Ads must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
6. Unsafe Supplements
Events and Ads must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by MMA Stalker in its sole discretion.
7. Weapons, Ammunition, or Explosives
Events and Ads must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives. This includes Events and Ads for weapon modification accessories.
8. Adult Products or Services
Events and Ads must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, except for Events and Ads for family planning and contraception. Events and Ads for contraceptives must focus on the contraceptive features of the product, and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement, and must be targeted to people 18 years or older.
9. Adult Content
Events and Ads must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
Events and Ads that assert or imply the ability to meet someone, connect with them or view content created by them must not be positioned in a sexual way or with an intent to sexualise the person featured in the ad.
10. Third-Party Infringement
Events and Ads must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights. To report content that you feel may infringe upon or violate your rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Sensational Content
Events and Ads must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content.
12. Personal Attributes
Events and Ads must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
MMA Stalker prohibits Events and Ads that include claims debunked by third-party fact checkers or, in certain circumstances, claims debunked by organizations with particular expertise. Advertisers that repeatedly post information deemed to be false may have restrictions placed on their ability to advertise on MMA Stalker. Find out more about Fact Checking on MMA Stalker here.
14. Controversial Content
Events and Ads must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
15. Non-Functional Landing Page
Events and Ads must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
16. Cheating and Deceitful Practices
Events and Ads may not promote products or services that are designed to enable a user to engage in cheating or deceitful practices.
17. Grammar & Profanity
Events and Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers and letters must be used properly without the intention of circumventing our ad review process or other enforcement systems.
18. Nonexistent Functionality
Events and Ads must not contain images that portray nonexistent functionality. This includes imagery that replicates play buttons, notifications, or checkboxes, as well as Events and Ads containing features that do not work, such as multiple choice options in the ad creative itself.
19. Personal Health
Events and Ads must not contain “before-and-after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss, or other health related products.
20. Payday Loans, Paycheck Advances, and Bail Bonds
Events and Ads may not promote payday loans, paycheck advances, bail bonds, or any short-term loans intended to cover someone’s expenses until their next payday. Short term loan refers to a loan of 90 days or less.
21. Multilevel Marketing
Events and Ads promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model, and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including multilevel marketing opportunities.
22. Penny Auctions
Events and Ads may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions, or other similar business models.
23. Misleading Claims
Events and Ads must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading claims like those relating to the effectiveness or characteristics of a product or service or claims setting unrealistic expectations for users such as misleading health, employment or weight-loss claims.
24. Low Quality or Disruptive Content
Events and Ads must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalized headlines or prompts for users to inauthentically interact with the ad, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low quality ad content.
25. Spyware or Malware
Events and Ads must not contain spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
26. Automatic Animation
Events and Ads must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person’s interaction or expands within MMA Stalker after someone clicks on the ad.
27. Unacceptable Business Practices
Events and Ads must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.
28. Circumventing Systems
Events and Ads must not use tactics intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad’s content or destination page.
29. Prohibited Financial Products and Services
Events and Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.
30. Sale of Body Parts
Events and Ads must not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
Events and Ads that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with MMA Stalker’s targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Note that Events and Ads promoting or referencing alcohol are prohibited in some countries, including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Lithuania, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Events and Ads for online dating services are only allowed with prior written permission.
3. Real Money Gambling
Events and Ads that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission. Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery Events and Ads must target people 18 years or older who are in jurisdiction for which permission has been granted.
4. State Lotteries
Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on MMA Stalker, provided the Events and Ads are targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the Events and Ads will be served and only target people in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
5. Online Pharmacies
Events and Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Events and Ads for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
6. Promotion of Over-The-Counter Drugs
Events and Ads that promote over-the-counter medicines must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with applicable local laws.
7. Subscription Services
Events and Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
8. Financial and Insurance Products and Services
Events and Ads promoting credit card applications, or financial services with accredited institutions must clearly provide sufficient disclosure regarding associated fees, including APR percentages, transaction fees, interest rates and the physical address of the entity offering the product within the ad’s landing page. Events and Ads promoting credit cards, loans or insurance services must be targeted to people 18 years or above. Events and Ads promoting credit cards, loans or insurance services must not directly request the input of a person’s financial information, including credit card information.
9. Branded Content
Events and Ads promoting branded content must tag the featured third party product, brand or business partner. Branded content within Events and Ads is defined as a creator or publisher’s content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value.
10.a Events and Ads About Social Issues, Elections or Politics
Advertisers can run Events and Ads about social issues, elections or politics, provided the advertiser complies with all applicable laws and the authorization process required by MMA Stalker. Where appropriate, MMA Stalker may restrict issue, electoral or political Events and Ads.
10.b Disclaimers for Events and Ads About Social Issues, Elections or Politics
If MMA Stalker’s ad authorization process is available in your country, in addition to complying with the Community Standards and Advertising Policies, the disclaimer you submit for your ad about social issues, elections or politics must comply with the following guidelines. This information is provided by you during the ad authorization process and will be displayed on your ad’s header.
11. Cryptocurrency Products and Services
Events and Ads may not promote cryptocurrency trading or related products and services without prior written permission.
12. Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment
MMA Stalker requires advertisers who wish to run addiction treatment Events and Ads targeting the USA to be certified with LegitScript, and apply to MMA Stalker for permission to advertise. Addiction treatment Events and Ads include, but are not limited to: Clinical addiction treatment services or websites providing information about in-person treatment, online and in-person support groups, and crisis hotlines for those in recovery or who are seeking information about addiction treatment. Advertisers can apply for certification with LegitScript here.
13. Weight Loss Products and Plans
Events and Ads marketed at or for weight loss must be targeted to people 18 years or older.
Video Events and Ads and other dynamic ad types must comply with all of the rules listed in these Advertising Policies, including the Community Standards, as well as the policies below:
1. Disruptive Content
Videos and other similar ad types must not use overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens.
2. Entertainment Related Restrictions
Events and Ads for movie trailers, TV shows, video game trailers, and other similar content intended for mature audiences are only allowed with prior written permission from MMA Stalker and must target people who are 18 years or older. Excessive depictions of the following content within these Events and Ads are not allowed: 1. Drugs and alcohol use 2. Adult content 3. Profanity 4. Violence and gore
1. You must not use targeting options to discriminate against, harass, provoke, or disparage users or to engage in predatory advertising practices.
2. If you target your Events and Ads to custom audiences, you must comply with the applicable terms when creating an audience.
All ad components, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
Events and Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised.
3. Related Landing Pages
The products and services promoted in an ad’s text must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site must not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
Excessive text in ad images may result in your ad reaching fewer people or not running at all. Try to use little or no image text when possible.
Advertisers must not create Lead Events and Ads questions to request the following types of information without our prior written permission.
1. Account Numbers
Events and Ads must not request account numbers, including frequent flyer numbers, loyalty card numbers, or cable or telephone account numbers without our prior permission.
2. Criminal History
Events and Ads must not request information regarding criminal or arrest history without our prior permission.
3. Financial Information
Events and Ads must not request financial information, including bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, credit or debit card numbers, credit scores, income, net worth or how much debt someone has without our prior permission.
4. Government Issued Identifiers
Events and Ads must not request government-issued identifiers, including Social Security numbers, passport numbers or driver’s license numbers without our prior permission.
5. Health Information
Events and Ads must not request health information, including physical health, mental health, medical treatments, medical conditions or disabilities without our prior permission.
6. Insurance Information
Events and Ads must not request insurance information, including current insurance policy numbers, without our prior permission.
7. Political Affiliation
Events and Ads must not request information regarding political affiliation.
8. Race or Ethnicity
Events and Ads must not request information regarding race or ethnicity without our prior permission.
Events and Ads must not request information regarding religion or philosophical beliefs without our prior permission.
10. Sexual Orientation
Events and Ads must not request information regarding sexual orientation or information about the sexual life of the individual, including what gender(s) the person prefers to date, without our prior permission.
11. Template Questions
Events and Ads must not request the same or substantially similar information that you could use a Template Question to request.
12. Trade Union Membership
Events and Ads must not request information regarding trade Union membership status without our prior permission.
13. Usernames or Passwords
Events and Ads must not request usernames or passwords, including usernames and passwords for existing and new accounts, without our prior permission. If you want to direct people to sign up for an account with your site or service, add a link under the website field in form.
1. Brand Endorsement
Events and Ads must not imply a MMA Stalker or MMAStalker.com endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other MMA Stalker Company.
2. Brand Usage in Events and Ads
Events and Ads linking to MMA Stalker or MMAStalker.com content (including Pages, groups, events or sites that use MMA Stalker Login) may make limited reference to “MMA Stalker” or “MMAStalker.com” in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. Events and Ads should not represent the MMA Stalker brand in a way that makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of the creative. MMA Stalker brand assets should not be modified in any way, such as by changing the design or color, or for the purpose of special effects or animation.
3. Copyrights & Trademarks
All other Events and Ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights, trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by MMA Stalker or with our prior written permission.
4. User Interface Screenshots
When featuring the MMA Stalker or MMAStalker.com User Interface (UI) in an ad, it must accurately depict how the UI currently appears and functions in product. If an action or functionality depicted cannot happen in the current product or within the current UI then it cannot appear to happen in an ad. Depictions of the UI in Events and Ads must be featured within the context of a relevant device (ex, mobile or desktop) and as permitted by MMA Stalker. The UI may not be modified in any way, including, but not limited to: adding special effects, interference or animation. Glyphs or elements of the UI may not be used separately or individually.
1. Ensure any ad data collected, received or derived from your MMA Stalker or MMAStalker.com ad (“MMA Stalker advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any MMA Stalker advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
2. Don’t use MMA Stalker advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by MMA Stalker) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your MMA Stalker advertising campaigns.
3. Don’t use MMA Stalker advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
4. Don’t transfer any MMA Stalker advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
1. The Advertising Policies apply to (1) Events and Ads and commercial content served by or purchased through MMA Stalker, on or off the MMA Stalker services, including Events and Ads purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, (2) Events and Ads appearing within apps on MMA Stalker, and (3) Events and Ads on MMAStalker.com. Your use of MMA Stalker’s advertising products and services is part of “MMA Stalker” under MMA Stalker’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. You may be subject to additional terms or guidelines if you use MMAStalker.com or certain MMA Stalker advertising-related products or services.
2. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of Events and Ads you have placed and termination of your account.
3. We do not use sensitive personal data for ad targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your ad don’t reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of the people who use MMA Stalker or MMAStalker.com.
4. Once displayed, Events and Ads are public information. Events and Ads may be re-shared and accessed outside of the targeted audience, including from the MMA Stalker Page running the Events and Ads or within MMA Stalker Products.
5. If you are managing Events and Ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
6. We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including Events and Ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
7. For policies that require prior written permission, MMA Stalker or an MMA Stalker Company may grant these permissions.
8. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.